Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Kitchen Sink

Let me introduce you to my kitchen sink.
And another view...
And the whole thing in one shot...

Yes...Yes...YES that is our bathtub.  you see, back in November (mmm hmm I said NOVEMBER) we discovered that our garbage disposal had been leaking....for a pretty lengthy period of time from what the insurance adjuster said...
...
...
...
Who ever loves to hear those words...Insurance Adjuster?  Not me anymore! The leak lead to this
 this
 and this
which lead to this
 this
 and this
all right before the holidays!

After a few weeks of waiting and waiting and waiting, we finally were able to begin the reconstruction.  That, I will save for another post.

Why am I posting about this you might be asking yourself. Well, I was bending over the side of my bathtub this evening after a wonderful meal prepared my Mr. Wonderful himself (while I attended my first PTSO meeting)...because of course if he cooks, I clean...and thought that it would make for a very interesting post to share with my readers.  Not quite sure why but I decided to run with it.

Take a good look at my kitchen "sink" pictures...name one interesting item in the third picture...go ahead.  I'll wait while you scroll up to look...
...
...
...
Did you see the DRANO?  Yep.....So I finished my first batch of dishes which are now sitting in the clean side of the "sink" (see photo 2) and the tub wasn't draining.  So I waited, and waited...not much of anything was happening there. So I dug deep (not really) into the box that is currently serving as my under the sink cabinet to locate the Drano.  When I went back to the "sink", it wasn't draining at all...STANDING WATER!!! Then I took a closer look...the drain wasn't fully open!  After laughing a little to myself, I opened it and watched everything disappear...........

So over the next few weeks, I am hoping to share with you the transformation of our kitchen as it goes from eh...to ug...to OH MAN...to OOOOO...to AHHHHH...to YAY IT'S DONE! 

Follow me, Get my blog posts via email, or just come back....SHOW ME (and our kitchen) SOME LUUUUUUUV!!!

I must go back to washing dishes now...oh and in case you were wondering...my first PTSO meeting went well.  I may tell you about that tomorrow.

Hugs!!  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment